- Cornflour 2 tbsps.
- Cabbage grated 2 cups
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Tomato sause 1 tbs
- Chilli sause 1 tb sp
- Carrot grated 1/2 cup
- Spring Onion chopped 1/4 cup
- Green chilies chopped 1 tbsp.
- Chopped garlic 1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves chopped (optional) 1 tbsp.
- Sugar 1 tsp.
- Ajinomoto 1/4 tsp.
- White pepper powder 1/2 tbsp.
- Oil For frying
- Salt To taste
Steps for manchrian balls
- Squeeze out excess water from grated cabbage.
- Mix grated carrot, cornflour, grated cabbage,pinch of salt,1teasp ginger-garlic paste into this.
- Rub this thoroughly to form a dough.
- Shape into small balls and deep fry in medium hot oil till light brown.
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a work pan.
- Add chopped green chilies, chopped garlic and ginger , spring onions.
- Cook for about half a minute.
- Add water or stock.add salt, pepper powder, Ajinomoto, sugar,Soya sauce,tomato sause,chilli sause.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Thicken with cornflour dissolved in cold water.
- Add fried balls and serve garnished with Chinese parsley or spring onion top.