- 6 Potatoes, boiled, peeled, mashed
- 1 cup (150 gms) Saboodana (sago)
- 2 tsp Sendha namak (rock salt)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Green chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Ghee (clarified butter)/*Oil for deep frying
- Wash saboodana till water clears. Soak in water, with level coming upto 3 cms / 1½" above the saboodana, for about 1½ hours.
- Drain in a colander saboodana and mix in potatoes, salt, chilli powder, hara dhania, green chillies and lemon juice.
- Shape potato mixture into flat, round vadas 5 cms / 2" in diameter (grease hands if it sticks).
- Heat ghee/oil for frying. Fry vadas golden and crisp on both sides and serve hot, with a chutney.