tasty yummy special pav bhaji
1.8 pavs (squarish soft buns about 4" x 5" size)
butter to shallow fry.
1. 1 capsicum chopped fine
2. 2 onions chopped fine
3. 2 tomatoes chopped fine
4.2 1/2 cups chopped mixed vegetables (beans, carrots, cauliflower, potota, beans, bottle gourds, .) 5.1/2 cup shelled peas
6.2 tbsp. butter
7.2 tsp. pavbhaji masala
8.1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
9.1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
10.1/2 tsp. sugar
11.salt to taste
12.1 cup water (in which vegetables were boiled)
13.1/2 tsp. each ginger grated, garlic crushed
14.juice of 1/2 lemon.
1.1 tbsp. coriander chopped
2.1 onion chopped
3.small pieces of lemon
1. Pressure cook mixed vegetables and peas till well done.
2. Mash them coarsely after draining.
3. Heat butter in a pan.
4. Add ginger-garlice, capsicum, onion, tomatoes.
5. Fry for 2-3 minutes till very soft.
6. Add pavbhaji masala , chilli powder, turmeric, salt, sugar and fry further 2-3 minutes.
7. Bring to boil.
8. Simmer till gravy is thick, stirring and mashing pieces with masala, in between.
9. Add lemon juice, stir.
10.Garnish with chopped coriander and a block of butter.
1.2Slit pavs horizontally leaving one edge attached. (To open like a book).
Apply butter (as desired) and roast open on a griddle till hot and soft with the surface crisp on both sides.
2.Serve hot with bhaji, a piece of lemon and chopped onion.
YOUTUBE FOR PAV BHAJI
Youtube for pav and bhaji